The changes to the way that we go about our everyday lives has changed so much over the last couple of months it sometimes feels hard to keep up. The top priority for us, at Karakan, is ensuring that we are continuing to provide quality, reliable and safe services, in fact we would go even further to say that we are enhancing them during this time and looking at flexible ways we can approach support services to retain these core values.
Our New Look Support Services
We are now operating a tiered approach to our support services so that you can choose how you would like to be supported. So we will be asking you ‘What makes you feel comfortable and safe during this time’, so that we can offer you a service which fits with your requirements at the moment. Maybe you are self-isolating and would like to catch up with support workers, but not face to face or you would like help with necessary trips, however at home you are happy to leave the support for now. Whatever your preferences we would like you to discuss these with your support worker or our office staff to make sure that we are supporting you in the best way possible.
The three different broad levels of support are:
- In-home Support Service: Your normal support service, with community access limited based on social distancing and gathering guidance.
- Necessary Outing Support Service: Help with community access for necessary and essential outings that follow the social distancing and gathering guidance.
- Contactless Support Service: A chance to connect with your support worker by phone or video chat, or for them to help you complete necessary community access activities for you e.g. purchasing groceries, acquiring medication.
We are following all the guidance provided by the Australian Government Department of Health to ensure that all the services we do offer are safe for you.
If you need to reach out to us at any time or have any questions, we can be contacted on the normal office number 07 3299 1898 and via email and we will be happy to help.
Ways to Stay Safe
Remember there are a number of things that you can do to stop the progress of this virus these are:
Keeping enough space between yourself and others to reduce the risk of exposure, at least 1.5m.
Practise good hygiene at all times to protect against infection and prevent the virus spreading. Wash your hands often with soap and water, including before and after eating and after going to the toilet.
It is best to stay at home unless you are:
- shopping for essential supplies such as groceries and return home without delay
- going out for personal exercise in your neighbourhood, on your own or with one other person
- attending medical appointments
- going to work or education (if you are unable to do so at home)
If at any time you have any questions or concerns, please contact us on 07 3299 1898 and one of the team will be happy to help you.
The Karakan Team