At Karakan the health and safety of our customers, staff, and communities are always our priority – and never more so than at this time.
We place immense value in the trust that our customers and communities give us to provide quality, reliable, and safe support services.
Karakan continues to operate a full service, and we will continue to offer an altered approach based on our customer’s requests. All services will follow current guidelines around social distancing and hygiene management.
Health & Safety Advice
- Wash your hands often with soap and water, including before and after eating and after going to the toilet.
- Cover your coughs and sneezes with your elbow or a tissue, and remember to throw away your tissue afterward.
- Use hand sanitisers.
- Regularly clean shared high-touch surfaces, such as tables, kitchen benches, and doorknobs.
- Keep to a distance of 1.5 metres away from people.
- Avoid handshaking and other physical greetings, but maintain a connection from a safe distance with a wave, bow or a simple nod of the head.
Should I Wear a Face Mask?
You do not need to wear a mask if you are healthy. Please remember masks are in short supply and should be prioritised for those who are treating people with COVID-19.
If you make sure you practice good hygiene and social distancing this will help you keep safe and healthy.
For more information, advice and resources visit the Australian Government Department of Health website www.health.gov.au.
Staff and customers if you are feeling unwell stay at home. Seek medical advice if you have fever, cold, cough or have difficulty breathing. Contact the National Coronavirus Hotline 1800 020 080 or call your local medical practitioner. They will advise you on your next steps.
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us on 07 3299 1898.