7th April 2020
At Karakan the health and safety of our customers, staff and communities is always our priority – and never more so than at this time of concern during the COVID-19 health alert.
We place immense value in the trust that our customers and communities give us to provide quality, reliable and safe support services.
In light of this, we are monitoring the situation closely and following the advice from the Australian Government Department of Health to ensure that our already attentive focus on health and safety is enhanced during this time.
We are working hard to ensure that we are in the best position to provide ongoing support services to people, minimise any risk and have contingency plans in place so that we will be able to respond quickly if the situation should change.
Karakan continues to operate a full service, however, our approach has changed slightly to take into account the COVID-19 health alert and based upon the current guidelines around social distancing and hygiene management.
Health & Safety Advice
- Only go out when absolutely necessary for shopping, medical appointments or to exercise.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water, including before and after eating and after going to the toilet.
- Cover your coughs and sneezes with your elbow or a tissue, and remember to throw away your tissue afterwards.
- Use hand sanitisers.
- Regularly clean shared high-touch surfaces, such as tables, kitchen benches and doorknobs.
- Keep to a distance of 1.5 metres away from people.
- Avoid handshaking and other physical greetings, but maintain a connection from a safe distance with a wave, bow or a simple nod of the head.
Large and Small Gatherings
- Only go out with one other person, or have one other person (not including support staff) over to your house and remember to keep your distance.
Should I Wear a Face Mask?
You do not need to wear a mask if you are healthy. Please remember masks are in short supply and should be prioritised for those who are treating people with COVID-19.
If you make sure you practise good hygiene, social distancing and limit gatherings this will help you keep safe and healthy.
For more information, advice and resources visit the Australian Government Department of Health website www.health.gov.au.
Staff and customers if you are feeling unwell stay at home. Seek medical advice if you have fever, cold, cough or have difficulty breathing. Contact the National Coronavirus Hotline 1800 020 080 or call your local medical practitioner. They will advise you on your next steps.
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us on 07 3299 1898.